Saturday, June 29, 2013

Blessed

Been travelling a lot lately and I really love the feeling when the flight take off; it feels like I'm leaving all my worries behind, even if it's temporary. :)

So here are my trips for this half a year:

Early January in Japan Osaka Castle. 
Osaka is currently my favourite city in Japan simply because it's not as busy and hectic as Tokyo where you actually feel the stress and rush of others. Osaka is just enough to match mild city girl me.


This is my roomie,  Sharon!
We took a bus ride up to see Mount Fuji & we're somewhere near one of the five lakes! Thinking back how we almost missed this breathtaking place because of the difficulty in catching highway buses. 


In Insadong Korea. 
Beautifully traditional place where every shop name is in Hangul (Including international brands like Starbucks!). & Plus point is, it started snowing pretty heavily! Lucky :)


Shortly after I came back from Japan, flew to Sydney with my one of my favourite poly girl, Veronica!
If you are going there, do take the cruise! You'll be able to see Opera House and Harbour Bridge in the right angle and also beautiful houses by the beach. 



Then following closely, trip to Georgetown Malaysia (otherwise known as Penang)
Heritage historical place but that wasn't our reason for visiting. Our reason is none other than food! Hehe and of course a getaway for them. :)



In late May, we made an impromptu decision to head over to Desaru Malaysia for a short 3D2N trip which I have already mentioned in my previous post. But nevertheless, it's an awesome trip. The water activities is a MUST TRY. Even if you can't swim (like me), have no worries as there's life jacket provided! Safety always comes first!


Last but not least, I just came back from Taipei last week. If you love food, this has GOT to be your place! Long stretches of streets and late night markets are here to satisfy your midnight hunger pangs.

Fishballs that are flavoured and so Q! Had this for 6 DAYS STRAIGHT because it's THAT good!


There's so many of this toy catching standalone shops in Taipei with friendly shop assistant helping you to place the toys in easier positions. Ok, Taiwanese are typically very very friendly and helpful. While I was there, I'm shocked by how similar their metro, streets and cleanliness are to Japan. There's Japanese commercials too. :) & Next! Sceneries from 九份 and 十份!


Besides the food and touristic sceneries, there's also a lot of interesting cafes such as the modern toilet cafe where all the food are contained in toilet bowls or desserts coming in shit shape. Hahaha!


And Deja Vu cafe which is opened by Jay Chou and Liu Qian (the magician)! Actually we intended to visit the Hello Kitty as well but it was under renovation.


 Enough said for the touring. When there's girls, there's always shopping! In Taipei, I have to say, not only are girls all nicely dolled up, boys are too! Cheaper clothes can be found at Wu Fen Pu but I like Shi Da night market better :)


All in all, it's an extremely fun filled trip, and I'm looking forward to our next! 
You know it's right when you're with the right people. ^^V

No comments: